This is a super filling, super healthy soup I make and keep in the fridge for those days I don't have time to cook.
- 2L of organic chicken stock
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 500g carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Dice carrots into small pieces.
- Sautee carrots in olive oil with spices and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add chicken stock.
- Simmer for an hour.
- Lightly blend the soup so that only half the carrot is blended.
- Add lentils and simmer until lentils are cooked (approx 10mins)
-Serve with a dollop of natural Greek yoghurt.