Here are some tips to help you recover fast after your workout:
1. Have a protein rich snack before going to bed. Our muscles do most of their repairing overnight so why not help them out a little!
2. Drink cherry juice. It can help reduce any swelling.
3. Listen to slow tempo songs! They help reduce your pulse and blood pressure quicker after an intense session.
4. Stay hydrated. After a big race like a marathon use electrolytes to help!
5. Get plenty of sleep. Like you dont already feel like it anyway?
6. Start foam rolling! For really sore areas I use a drink bottle filled with frozen water.
7. Get a well deserved massage.
8. Wear compression garments.
9. Take an ice bath if you are brave enough. It can help reduce soreness and swelling for up to 24 hours.
10. Take a warm bath about an hour before bed with 4 cups of epsom salts and 1 cup of baking soda. Stay in there for 10-15 mins. It will help you stretch out so you wake up better and also remove toxins from your muscles.